It’s almost unbelievable that Mum technically only gets one day a year where their superhuman efforts are celebrated. So on that day, it’s your job as a husband, wife, partner, child or loved one, to put that Mum in your life on the pedestal she deserves. Here’s our wrap up of some of the best ways you can show your love on Sunday 13 May.
1. When made with love, breakfast in bed gets the day off to a beautiful start. Eggs and bacon or pancakes are a winner, but there’s no excuse if you can’t cook – vegemite toast with a cuppa should get you over the line.
2. Get active and take Mum along to the Mother’s Day Classic at the Domain Athletics Centre where you canraise money for breast cancer research and participate in a 4km run, 4km walk or 8km run.
3. Go all out and head to The Point Revolving Restaurant at Wrest Point for lunch with a view. Their set menu is $130 per person, Mum even gets to enjoy a complimentary glass of sparkling wine too.
4. If the pub is more Mum’s style book a table at Hotel Soho with meals from $10, including a hot and cold seafood platter for two, including dessert for $85.
5. Get in early at Seagrass overlooking Long Beach, on Saturday 12th May they’re doing a $40 high tea from 2pm, or head to their Glen Albyn property, which isn’t usually open to the public for Saturday high tea ($50) and Sunday lunch ($70).